American Educational Products Lung Demonstration Apparatus
Relaxation and contraction illustrated.
Manufacturer: American Educational Products 12033
This simple model demonstrates the mechanisms of breathing for students.
- Shows how the lungs are emptied and filled with air by the relaxation and contraction of the diaphragm muscle
- One or two balloons attached to a Y-tube simulate the lungs
- The chest cavity is a half-gallon bell jar with open top and stout rubber sheet that acts as the diaphragm
- As the diaphragm is pulled downward, the atmospheric pressure is lowered inside the chamber, causing the lungs to expand and take in air
- When the diaphragm is released, the lungs deflate
|Simple model demonstrates the mechanisms of breathing for students|
|Lung replacement Rubber dam|