DNA microarrays are used to evaluate the expression levels of thousands of genes in a single experiment. High-density arrays are the method of choice for assessing gene expression on a genome-wide scale. One of the challenges associated with microarray technology, however, is that adequate amounts of labeled antisense RNA (known as cRNA or aRNA) are required. T7 linear amplification, commonly referred to as the Eberwine method, overcomes this challenge by simultaneously amplifying and labeling the RNA. This method is the basis of the MessageAmp™ III RNA Amplification Kit.
The kit includes a set of master mixes, reducing the number of components, pipetting steps, and manipulations. Steps such as initial primer annealing and cDNA purification have been eliminated. All steps of the biotin labeling/amplification process take place in a single reaction tube for a simplified workflow.
- Uses a glass fiber, filter-based aRNA purification method
- Includes sufficient reagents for 10 reactions
- All reactions occur in a single tube
- Master Mix formulations reduce pipetting steps and hands-on time
- Shortened processing time due to optimized incubations and condensed procedure
- Less hands-on time means less opportunity to introduce errors
- Start with as little as 20ng total RNA and produce enough aRNA for GeneChip™ analysis
- Start with 100ng of total RNA (with a 4 hour IVT) and hybridize to a GeneChip; array in a single day
- Shortens hands-on time, and reduces operator-dependant errors and variability
Expression Array Labeling, Gene Expression Analysis and Genotyping, Microarray Analysis, RNA Amplification
|Kit, RNA Amplification|
|Expression Array Labeling, Gene Expression Analysis and Genotyping, Microarray Analysis, RNA Amplification|
|The MessageAmp III aRNA Amplification Kit includes First-Strand Enzyme Mix, First-Strand Buffer Mix, Second-Strand Enzyme Mix, Second-Strand Buffer Mix, T7 Enzyme Mix, T7 Biotin IVT Mix, Control RNA (1mg/mL HeLa total RNA), Wash Buffer, aRNA Binding Buffer, Filter Cartridges, Collection Tubes, 8-Strip PCR Tubes and Caps (0.2mL), 5X Array Fragmentation Buffer, and Nuclease-free Water|