2,3-Dihydroxynaphthalene is used in making dyes, pigments, fluorescent whiteners, tanning agents, antioxidants, and antiseptics.
Slightly soluble in water
Store away from strong oxidizing agents. Keep container tightly closed. Store in cool, dry conditions in well sealed containers.
|162° to 165°C|
Safety and Handling
GHS H Statement
Toxic if swallowed.
Causes serious eye damage.
Causes skin irritation.
May cause respiratory irritation.
GHS P Statement
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Store locked up.
Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
RTECSNumber : QJ4750000
TSCA : TSCA