1-Naphthyl isothiocyanate is a tool for the study of liver damage which causes bile stasis and hyperbilirubinemia acutely and bile duct hyperplasia and biliary cirrhosis chronically, with changes in hepatocyte function.
Hydrolyzes in water.
Moisture Sensitive. Incompatible with bases, alcohols and amines. Store under dry inert gas. Protect from humidity and water. Store away from moisture.
|54° to 57°C|
Safety and Handling
GHS H Statement
Toxic if swallowed.
Toxic in contact with skin.
Toxic if inhaled.
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
Causes serious eye damage.
GHS P Statement
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray.
IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician.
IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing.
Store locked up.
Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
DOTInformation : Transport Hazard Class: 8; Packing Group: III; Proper Shipping Name: CORROSIVE SOLIDS, TOXIC, N.O.S.
RTECSNumber : NX9100000
TSCA : TSCA