Promega™ CytoTox 96™ Nonradioactive Cytotoxicity Assay
Colorimetric method for estimating the number of nonviable cells present in a sample
Manufacturer: Promega™ G1780
Quantitatively measures lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), a stable cytosolic enzyme that is released upon cell lysis, in much the same way as [51Cr] is released in radioactive assays. Released LDH in culture supernatants is measured with a 30 min. coupled enzymatic assay that results in the conversion of a tetrazolium salt (INT) into a red formazan product. The amount of color formed is proportional to the number of lysed cells. Visible wavelength absorbance data are collected using a standard 96-well plate reader. The assay can be used to measure membrane integrity for cell-mediated cytotoxicity assays in which a target cell is lysed by an effector cell, or to measure lysis of target cells by bacteria, viruses, proteins, chemicals, etc.
- Provides a quantitative measurement of lactate hydrogenase to determine cell-mediated cytotoxicity, chemical-mediated cytotoxicity, and total cell number
- Reveals early, low-level damage to cell membranes
- Allows collection of absorbance (visible wavelength) data with a standard 96-well plate reader
- Eliminates need to prelabel target cells
- Requires no radioactive waste disposal
Cytotoxicity; Chemosensitivity; Total cell number determination
|For 10 x 96-well plates|
|For cytotoxicity, chemosensitivity, total cell number determination|
Purchase up to $1,000 in Promegaâ¢ reagents and get a matching amount of products at no additional cost.