Gibco™ DMEM, No Glucose
Used as basal medium for supporting the growth of many different mammalian cells. Gibco™ DMEM, No Glucose is used in cell culture processing applications.
Manufacturer: Gibco™ LS11966025
- Contains 4 times the concentration of amino acids and vitamins than the original Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium
- Originally formulated with low glucose (1g/L) and sodium pyruvate, but is often used with higher glucose levels, with or without sodium pyruvate
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L), and therefore requires a 5 to 10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Cells successfully cultured in DMEM include primary fibroblasts, neurons, glial cells, HUVECs, and smooth muscle cells, cell lines such as HeLa, 293, Cos-7, and PC-12
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Mammalian cell culture|
|Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, Ferric Nitrate (Fe(NO3)3·9H2O), Folic Acid, Glycine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2°C to 8°C. Protect from light|
|Glucose, Sodium Pyruvate, HEPES|
|L-glutamine, Phenol Red|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Class II Device U.S.