Thermo Scientific™ Glycogen, RNA grade
Increase the recovery of nucleic acids during preciptation with this inert carrier.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ R0551
Glycogen is a highly purified polysaccharide derived from oysters. It is an inert carrier which significantly increases the recovery of nucleic acids by alcohol precipitation. Glycogen is insoluble in ethanol and forms a precipitate that traps target nucleic acids. During centrifugation, a visible pellet is formed which greatly facilitates handling of the precipitated nucleic acids. Glycogen quantitatively precipitates nucleic acids from diluted solutions with a higher efficiency than that of tRNA, linear polyacrylamide, or sonicated DNA (see References 1-4).
We offer two formulations of aqueous glycogen solutions that allow for fast and efficient DNA or RNA recovery:
Glycogen, RNA grade, can be used for both RNA and DNA precipitation (#R0551).
Glycogen, molecular biology grade, recommended for DNA precipitation (#R0561).
- Ideal for high recovery of oligonucleotides (> 8 bases) and low amounts of DNA/RNA (> 20 pg) from diluted solutions
- Forms clearly visible pellets
- Does not interfere with enzymatic reactions†
- Does not interfere with gel electrophoresis of nucleic acids
- Does not interfere with spectrophotometrical determination of DNA/RNA concentration, (A260 to 280 measurements)
- Compatible with DNA transformation and in vitro transfection
|Glycogen, RNA grade|
|2 x 0.1mL|