Returned Goods Policy
Note: Last updated in October 2017
Fisher Scientific has updated our Returned Goods Policy to ensure clear documentation for our customers.
Returns must be authorized by a Fisher Scientific Customer Service Representative and must include the following information:
- Customer name and address
- PO (Purchase Order Information)
- Fisher order number
- Date of invoice
- Fisher Scientific catalogue number(s) being returned and quantity
In order to ensure that credit is received, customers may return items no more than 90 days after the sale of the item and, once a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) has been issued, customers have 30 days to ship the product back to the required location. Each shipment must reference the RGA number.
Fisher Scientific will apply a 20% restocking fee on returned goods. If a replacement order for equal or greater value is made, the restocking fee will be waived.
The Following Items Cannot be Returned:
- Products not in completely resalable condition (including products with damaged, missing, or defaced labeling or packaging)
- Chemicals, reagents, diagnostics, sterile or controlled (regulated) items unless products do not meet specifications
- Laboratory apparatus or instruments that have been used or are missing original packaging, labeling and/or operating manuals
- Temperature sensitive items or other perishables
- Products purchased on a special order basis
- Products not purchased from Fisher Scientific
- Products with an expired shelf life or an expiration date too short for resale
- Discontinued items
- Products that contain mercury
- Medical devices
- Controlled goods
Important Points for Product Specific Returns:
- Each shipment of hazardous chemicals must be packaged and labeled in accordance to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations
- Each return for any laboratory equipment, must accompany a certification from an authorized representative of the company that that the equipment was properly decontaminated in accordance to the current regulations. Fisher Scientific reserves the right to refuse acceptance of any piece of equipment that appears not to have been decontaminated
- For the return of any product, the Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number would be placed on the outside of the package
The Fisherbrand Guarantee
Solely with respect to Fisherbrand Products purchased in Canada, they may be returned for any reason within 30 days of purchase for full credit of the purchase price (excluding freight) with the following exclusions: (i) Products not purchased from Distributor; (ii) Refrigerated or temperature controlled Products; (iii) reagents, diagnostics, or chemicals which have been opened; (iv) Equipment and instruments with a list price of $1,000 or more; (v) Products that have been shipped outside the United States or Canada; (vi) certain medical device products; (vii) products that contain mercury; (viii) Controlled Goods; and (ix) Laboratory apparatus or instruments that have been used or are missing original packaging, labeling and/or operating manuals.
This offer is not available to our current or potential healthcare customers. Healthcare customers include any healthcare practitioner, other healthcare provider or any individual or organization authorized to prescribe, dispense, purchase or influence the acquisition or use of medical devices or supplies for clinical use. Healthcare customers include, without limitation, any “Health Care Practitioner” under the Massachusetts Marketing Code of Conduct Law (defined at 105 C.M.R §907.004) or a “Health Care Provider” under the Vermont Prescribed Products Gift Ban and Disclosure Law (defined at Vt. Stat. Ann. tit. 18, §4631a(8)). By participating in this promotion, you warrant that you are not a current or potential healthcare customer. Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right to determine your status in the event of a dispute and to change the terms of this guarantee at their discretion.